Ads 468x60px

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Computer Crisis

I'm sending this post using my parents Dell Laptop. Last night my computer decided to stop working! Checked everything, all components and taken everything out of case to see if it was something simple like RAM, cleared CMOS, changd battery, and now it leaves me with one of two components... The motherboard or processor! and I can't test either because I have no spares. The crappy thing about this is that I have all my college work saved on the hard disks but can't access the work. I just recieved my grant today 450 pounds. Which 100 went to my parents as I owe them it, and now that leaves me with 350 to either a) upgrade (had pc since 2003) or try and figure out which I need to replace. So at the moment im calling everyone as I need to find a AMD Socket A processor fsb 333mhz. This will tell me whether im dealing with a screwed up CPU or mainboard. When I start the thing up I don't get any beeps, no POST and no video. All fans work, lights, hdd's, cd roms etc...

I can't believe this happened at this time, everytime I get a bit of money so that I can relax a bit, something like this happens.

to sara; email me at whoa182 AT hotmail DOT COM with the address so I can send you back that 10 pounds. I don't have any access to my inbox on the other pc atm.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment