Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Computer nearly done!

I've been saving and buying the new computer parts such as mainboard, processor, processor heatsink/fan, ram, gpu, and now finally a power supply unit. Unfortunately I spent a bit of money on delivery as I bought a few things on special offer intially... then later on got the money for a graphics card (yesterday) and then found out that the power requirements is FAR greater than my old systems. I had three power supply units but not enough, only 2 350's and a very cheap 550 watt psu. So i've just gone and ordered another power supply which cost 92 pounds. Hopefully I can sell my other power supply units to friends for 10 pound or so. At least i'll get something back from the 3 deliveries, each costing 8 pound!


Note; if you're wondering why I don't use the pound sign, its cos I haven't changed it on this computer so keyboard settings are u.s right now.


Anyway here are the specs of the new PC!

Antec TruePower Trio 650W PSU - With 3x 12v Rails
ASUS M2R32-MVP Radeon Xpress 3200 CrossFire
AM2: Athlon 64 X2 5000+
2 GB (2x1gb) Ultra low latency GEIL RAM
Power Colour ATI X1950XT 512mb GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics card
Creative Audigy 2 6.1 surround sound
160gb hdd
2x 250gb s/ata hdd
Pioneer dvd writer

One thing I hate even though I've been building cumputers for over 12 years is the first power up of the pc. Somehow I've gotta try and save all the files on the hdd's . I'm not sure if the system is going to boot because of the completely new hardware config... I've got like 4 years of stuff on there which I just hope that I can get access to!

My father just ordered a new power pack for our Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop too. That broke a week after my old pc lol. Before I actually used to upgrade my computer about every 12-18 months, now its more like every 4-5 years! Sure I buy little upgrades, but replacing a whole system often is something that I can't keep doing as i'm not rich... yet. This setup should at least get me to around 2010-2011, and i'll hopefully just have to upgrade graphics card possibly add another 2gb ram at some point.

I've really had to catch up on computer hardware lately... because i've not really been reading up on the updates as much as I used to, or never got much involved in the whole thing. Obviousl I had to do my research before I put together this PC, and I was suprised just how far technology has gone since my last upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment