Ads 468x60px

Monday, September 3, 2007

Memories...

Before I get started on this post, I have to say that Face book is one of the greatest sites since google! -- I can't believe just how many of my old school mates and friends from long ago are on there! It's an awesome networking site!

Running out of things to blog about -- which is a good thing because things are going well now, except that I will not be attending the conference this year in Cambridge. Still, I'm certainly going to the next one with much time to prepare and save.

My CR practice has been going good, no struggles, weight stable at around 110 lbs with no fluctuations. I've been looking at what other foods I can eat as my diet has pretty much stayed the same in the last 2 years 7 months I've been on CR. I'm going to arrange a full panel of blood tests shortly though, as I think its about time now... Everyone on CR who maintains a BMI below 18 should at least get 1 round of tests a year for safety and just for the fact it keeps you motivated to maintain that cholesterol level, or glucose level.

My legs feel a little weak right now though because I've been working on my legs by doing some squats with 30kg bar. Kind of too much for my little legs I think as I now have some tightness and cramp / weak / heavy feeling in my legs. Which usually happens when I push it too much. However my arms are startin to look a little better now that I started the weights. Still like skinny, but better muscle definition.

Just a little while back I was talking to some one about my weight and he mentioned that I lost weight in 2003 when he seen me at a funeral we went to. This was about the time that I started reading articles by Ray Kurzweil, other science stuff and nutrition etc... It was the time that I started making subtle changes to my diet, not restricting on purpose, but replacing refined cereals with whole grain cereal, putting fruit like strawberries and banana on it. Drinking orange juice rather than fizzy drinks... all the little things one does to improve their diet. These things can lead to weight loss.

My mother also said to me after I came home from college in summer 2003 that I looked skinny, and not having a typical male physique, being more like a skinny girl! lol. Shortly after that I actually went to the doctors because my family made me worry about my weight. The doctor measured my height and weight and the BMI was 18.5. She said "it's nothing to worry about, you're normal a weight... some people are just skinnier than others". So that was that. Except my brother, mother and her friend (who is very obese) made me really nervous prior to seeing the doctor, making me feel phyiscally sick and weak with anxiety as it seemed they were suggesting I had some terminal illness or something. Of course that wasn't the case, i'm still here.

My cousin who I hadn't seen since 2002 also said to me in 2003 "matt you lost a lot of weight haven't you?". So it wouldn't actually suprise me that I might have actually already been through TWO STAGES of CR weight loss. One was unintentional, and the latter in march 2005 was intentional CRON. My weight prior to 2003 wouldn't have been that High because I know for a fact I've never gone above BMI of 20. Now memories are coming back to me when I weighed myself in the gym, I was actually close to 125 lbs at one time (I have it written down here somewhere because I was starting some weight lifting and measuring progress), and when I intentionally started CR I was 118 lbs. If this is correct, then my real plain old CR date would have been when I was only around 18 years old (and I'm 23 on October the 21st 2007).

Also I like it when this happens. Two days ago I woke up a little late, some plumber guy was sorting out something in the house, after he finished he asked me to sign the paper and said "you off to school now, you're in your last year?" (that would mean he thought I was 15-16 years old), I chuckled and said no I left high school over 6 years ago! -- he said "sorry". I said no, thats good, thanks, I'm trying to live forever!... and he laughed :)

See thats the thing, before I started CR I was actually gutted that I looked so young for my age, now its really good. It's amazing that If you look around on the net you find people just like the old me moaning about looking younger than my age.

This summer has helped me though, the dark circles that was quite apparent around my eyes has gone now... that was all the crappy stress I've had over the year. Finally things are better! whoooO!

Anyway, here is todays dinner... minus the tuna that I threw on the top. I don't really go for presentation, as long as its nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment