Ads 468x60px

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Life expectancy calculator

I thought it would be a little bit of fun to input some data into this calculator and see what age it says I am expected to live to. I don't entirely believe these are all that accurate, but it was just something to do :)

You know a lot of things in life are just chance events, anything could happen [my cipro incident for example]. The calculator has some improvements now it seems because it no longer puts too much emphasis on your grandparents or parents history when it comes to things like cancer, because it clearly states about the relationsihp between smoking induced cancer deaths, rather than just cancer. All my grandparents died at around the age of 85, but died of lung cancer relating to life long smoking. So maybe they would have lived to age 90 or so.

So here was my result; "Your calculated age expectancy is 98 years"

Should be enough time for Aubrey to get enough funding for his plan to cure aging in humans. With Calorie Restriction I expect it to at least get me to ages equivalent of todays centenarians or if I'm lucky become a super centenarian. But by then surely medicine will be well advanced enough to deal with aging. I think moderate CR alone would get most people who started CR at a young at to about 100 years, and a fair few between 105-115... or is this just being too optimistic?

To take the life expectancy test go here

No comments:

Post a Comment