Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stopped Aging - almost

18 years old vs 24 years 4 months old

click picture to enlarge

I have had some success with my skin in reducing acne hyperpigmentation, increasing hydration of my skin and it feels far smoother 'everyday' now than before I started the green smoothies. The picture above looks paler than I actually am because of really bright lighting. I looked up what could cause this in the smoothies I make and I came across lutein. Interesting kale and spinach (which is what I use in my GS) have the highest amount of lutein. So I only found this out after I noticed the improvement and read a few things on it here.

A randomised clinical study entitled New Evidence for Efficacy of Lutein/Zeaxanthin in skin health

Highest sources of lutein

and I'm now offically on my 4th year of CRON, with an additional 2 years of mild CR / healthy-ish diet. My healthy diet started not long after I took that picture above when I was 18, and my CRON journey started at age 20. As I said, I might have been mildly restricted from 18-20 years of age because I lost some weight back then, and was nowhere near overweight even back then. I think I've been quite succesful so far in maintaining a youthful appearance, and I expect to keep it for a long time yet.

The only changes now is that I've been vegetarian for over a year now, and I've also lowered my calorie intake to 1650k/cal a day and now maintaining a weight of 106 lbs instead of 110 lbs. The heighest BMI I've ever had is probably aroudn 20.5 or so. Now I maintain a BMI of 16.7, and I would never go below 16. I'm happy enough where I am at the moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment