Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Back after the new year

I haven't been posting lately because I've been quite busy and generally away from the computer... but will post more often after the new year, and I hope everyone has a good time over the holiday's. Christmas in a couple days and I love this time of year, even though I'm an athiest, I still call it Christmas lol. This anti religious stuff is just dumb if you ask me, people should be allowed to celebrate and have freedom of expression in whatever they believe in. I just wish I was a kid again and believed in all this 'magical' stuff, got lots of presents and generally enjoyed 25th of December much more than I do now, but it is still a nice day.

A lot of people having miserable holidays around here though because everyone has got this cold or flu that is going around, you can never know because people say they got the flu and they haven't. Everyone has been ill with it in my house, I know at least 12 close family members with it, a few friends are ill... It's also a rarity that my father gets ill and last night he came down with the cold too! Maybe it is to do with the lack of Vitamin D this summer, because err, we had no summer in the UK! I am doing what I can to avoid the thing because of my tinnitus will just go insanely loud if I get it! I've been eating garlic regularly ( see BBC:Garlic prevents common cold

"Over a 90-day period during the winter when most colds occur, just 24 colds were recorded among those taking the supplement, compared to 65 amongst those taking the placebo."

That is a 'HUGE' reduction in the colds, and those that caught it also experienced fewer symptoms and the cold didn't last as long, and they were less likely to get re infected! Few chances of secondary bacterial sinusitis I assume too.

There are also other things I've been doing to help like regularly steam inhalation (twice a day), regular washing of hands for 30 seconds. 10 cups of green tea per day /with ginger. I've ran out of my Vitamin D3 but it lasts a long(ish) time in the body anyway so should be ok until I can afford to get some more. I was taking in around 5000-7000 IU of it over the last couple months, and 2000IU for over 2 years so I should be OK! Another good thing is that my sinusitis hasn't come back and my last cold was the week that got *cured* oddly by a cold virus itself! lol. I think I might have been catching colds regularly before because the lining of my nose was broken, bleeding and clogged up. Viruses would easily get pats the barrier and infect me. 7 months and not caught a viral infection yet, I hope this continues !


Anyway enough rambling on from me, have a nice holiday everyone. See you in 2008!

No comments:

Post a Comment