Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Some thoughts on lab results

Cholesterol
My HDL went up by 50%, that is quite a huge improvement.

Total Cholesterol 3.7 (144mg/dl)
HDL 1.5 (59mg/dl)
LDL 1.9 (74mg/dl)
Triglycerides 0.6 (53mg/dl)
TC:HDL Ratio 2.5

Here is a website showing what risk group you're in according to lipid profiles. Clearly I'm well below even the 'very low risk' numbers.
LINK HERE

I used to eat much less fat than I do now, thanks to April and MR who recommended increasing my fat and protein, my cholesterol looks a lot better now. I spoke to a few people involved in low carbohydrate diet a while ago, and they suggested increasing the amount of saturated fat, which does actually raise HDL, but it also significantly raises LDL cholesterol too. I think that what made my HDL increase was increasing good fats and a little more exercise.

Anyway you can few my results HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment