Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Canto and Owen [Rhesus Monkeys]

The industry worth billions of dollars every year is the cosmetic industry, holding back those wrinles, everyone trying to stay young. What is one of the most important ways of looking younger for longer? > Calorie Restriction < Contrary to earlier reports that fatter humans look younger than their thinner people, remaining slim from a young age and staying this way is likely to keep away the white hair and wrinkles. This has been shown with mice, monkeys and dogs that have been put on CR. The CR group always look youger. Below are some high resolution pictures of two rhesus monkeys around the same age, owen is just over 1 year older than canto. Canto is 27 years of age right now and looks like a youthful rhesus monkey at half his age (and by the way, 27 in human years would be 81 human years!!!). This is achieved by a reduction in calories alone. I could only specualte that with sun avoidance, applying some basic skin care routine, and various polyphenols found in foods we regularly consume on a CR diet, and not frowning a lot and creasing of your forehead. I naturally avoid this and don't hardly ever crease my forehead, also I try to avoid squinting. Wearing a cap helps, sun glasses probably better for this.

I expect for the younger people who start CR before much of the apparent aging skin has already occured could go on to look extremely youthful in middle age.

Twice last week I got asked my age, I joined library, and I also got asked by a nurse how old I was. Both thought I was around 16-17 years old, and I'm 3 months away from being 25! Is it the CR? :D I guess the difference can only grow over time. Is it possible to look only 25 at 50 years of age??? Maybe that might be pushing it, but it will be an interesting thing to see hehe.


ZOOM INTO PICTURES FOR BETTER DETAIL


NORMAL DIET

CALORIE RESTRICTION DIET



No comments:

Post a Comment