Ads 468x60px

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Whats going on the garden

Just a small garden update.

Broccoli plants - I had to pull two of the plants, the rest have held up well and the broccoli are growing well, albiet a small issue in one of the boxes which might be a boron deficiency. Though still perfectly edible broccoli. Here is the one I just harvested about 10 minutes ago. It came to around 450g but on here the scale must of went off.



Spinach - Well it all bolted and I pulled it up, I will put spinach back in after the fall and also MANY more carrots that I'm just about to sow tomorrow. Next time I defienitely need to start protecting my spianch better.

Cherry Tomatoes - I have totally lost count how many are growing, there are just so many flowers everywhere on the plants, all which will turn into lush small cherry tomatoes. I'm waiting for quite a lot to ripen at the moment but the plants are doing really well and producing a hell of a lot. Can't wait to harvest them, I'm gonna net them in the week too so I can stop them being eaten as they riepn. I must have hundreds growing at the moment. One mistake, I haven't really pruned the plants, I think I'm going to start that now. There is only one tomato plant that is not doing much, and that was the one which I put in the pot. I have now transplanted it into the big garden box.


Carrots - I pulled up a few carrots the other day and they were still a bit smaller than I expected, so I'll be leaving them for another 3 weeks. Though I ate what I harvetsed and they were nice. I just used them in a small salad I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment