Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 31, 2011

It's written in the book.

The title of this blog post is a line from "Behind the Lines", the first track from "Duke" by Genesis.


Today, at Acacia Lodge, there was a Care Quality Commission (CQC) inspection taking place. It just so happened that the CQC lady who was on the 2nd floor (where mum is) was the same lady that I complained to about mum's last nursing home. She remembered me (we nerds are very memorable!). We had a long chat.

As a result of our long chat:-
1) I shall chill a bit!
2) There will be feedback books in every resident's bedroom. Anyone can write in them. What is written can be good or bad. I won't have to make any more verbal complaints to the manager (a great relief for both of us!).

In other news...

I've been adopted by a pair of black cats. Is that doubly-lucky, or what? Pets are a great de-stressor. Did you know that in Romania, black cats are considered to be unlucky? Jay (of Jay's Kitchen in Henley-on-Thames) told me.

Here they are drinking some Gold Top milk from the top of the bottle (i.e. cream).


I won't let them come in the house, though.

See also Dog's Diary vs. Cat's Diary

No comments:

Post a Comment