Ads 468x60px

Monday, February 5, 2007

Curiosity


What is it that makes CRers and other life extension supporters different in their determination and ability to do CR. After watching the long documentary on Aubrey De Grey and his SENS project, it was obvious that the people who support this have a curiosity about them, they are optimistic people as Christopher sykes said. Some people only tend to see the bad things and ignore the good things in life. How sad! Some people say how i'm wasting my time with all this nutrition and CR stuff, but i'm in a constant fight against aging, and there is only one shot at getting this right. If I fail then at least I tried to make it. Everyone has a goal in life right? My goal is to explore the universe, yes far out, but impossible? I don't think so. So I can do long term CR because my reasons for doing it isn't for weight loss or something stupid, it's about life and death, seeing the future or not.

April and Michael were in the Channel 4 documentary by the way... only around 2-3 minutes, but pretty cool. This was obviously broadcasted into millions of peoples homes on the saturday. So lots of people learned about CR, Aubrey De Grey, Cryonics and other things. When they showed the monkeys at the primate centre it was amazing the difference between the CR monkey and Ad lib monkey, the CR'd one looked very young for his age, no wrinkles. Then you looked at the monkey on ad lib and you could see all the skin creases above his eyes, he just looked very old in comparison (yet only 1 year older).

The documentary really left me more sympathetic to aubreys goals, he's obviously working extremely hard to get this Mprize and SENS recognised, it would be great if there were more in the field that would help rather than criticize. He must get so tired travelling all over the place!

Very well done documentary anyway... I recorded it on DVD and I think running time 76 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment