Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 16, 2007

SENS conference

Haven't blogged in a little while because things have been going generally ok, and nothing exciting has happened since. However, I MIGHT be going to the 3rd SENS conference from the 6th-10th September. I wasn't initially going to go because the cost of registration was so high at over 500 pounds, and from the talks listed for them days it's well worth it. I did receive an email from Aubrey yesterday offering a place for a little less than that, something that wouldn't bankrupt me for the next few months... but I've gotta call my manager tomorrow to see if I can get lots of hours to pay for it. Paying to go wont be the problem, the problems are a) I don't go this far out on my own b) Getting there, without getting lost. I would probably have to take a train which would take me from Cardiff train station to Paddington in London, from there I'd have to take a tube to Kings Cross, and then from there take a train to Cambridge. Haven't emailed Aubrey back on the offer to sign up to attend SENS3, but it's very good one and I'm going to really try go if I can. Over the next couple of days I've gotta see if it's realistic at all given the time I have left to organize travel (no car), find a place to stay, get lots of work (hasn't been any in over a month), and then build the courage to actually go to Cambridge on my own. I usually go with friends to London, but thats different, If you're lost its not that bad as when you're on your own lol.

Here is the program
http://www.sens.org/sens3/program.htm

Looks very interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment