Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Tests for CRONies in Leeds, UK

I've been in contact with a researcher in Leeds who who studies athletes, energy restriction, anorexia etc... She is interested in the differences between these and how Calorie restriction with optimal nutrition differs, if at all! She wants a bunch of CRONies to undergo some tests... I haven't yet replied back to her last email, but spoke to Bob via email and hes going to draft out an email and send it to the list.

This was at the end of her email.
Cathy "All-in-all it’s a complex area. I am sure we could arrange some measurements of BMD, hormone status and bone health (etc.) in a group of CRs if you and your friends are interested to travel to Leeds for these?"

I believe she also mentioned looking at immune function too. Although I'll have to check back on my emails about this. So anyone in the UK interested, please respond to Bob's email!

Edit: From another email

"I would be interested to conduct some research in this field, especially on bone health and immune function. As far as I’m aware, there is no research of this nature occurring in the UK."

Doctor Cathy Zanker
http://www.leedsmet.ac.uk/carnegie/czanker.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment