Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Still alive!

I thought that I should make an update on how i'm doing!

I'm really doing well actually, however I unfortunately did get a minor URI a week before christmas with flu-like symptoms that lasted about 2 days and then I completely recovered... yes it was that fast! I was fortunately very lucky because everyone else in my family had symptoms for over 2 weeks and were very ill in bed for days and much more sick. So it's not like I never get sick, I now just get sick less often, and it's usually over quite quickly. During the time I got sick I also didn't sleep that well for a few nights so that obviously didn't help!

Now over the christmas when the majority of people start gaining weight I gained exactly 'NOTHING'. Yes, consistently maintaining my weight of 110 lbs is very easy to do. I'm ready to go for some more blood work at the end of January which hopefully comes out okay. Last time my CRP was a bit high but I felt a bit of gastritis on the day I had the blood drawn so this would have probably accounted for the subclinical inflammation.

There aren't really any major changes at all to my CRON diet, I'm still eating pretty much a zoned diet which suits me great, and right now i'm not particularly worried about my IGF-1 levles in relation to protein intake. This could potentially be an issue for late onset CR, but if you slow down 'aging' and push back everything that results in less resistance to cancer, then the chances you'll get cancer as you reach 50+ is much lower, this is when cancer rates really start to increase in the general population.

Also I'm looking forward to joining Kung Fu class just down the road from me at end of January. That should be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment