Ads 468x60px

Monday, June 22, 2009

Garden Pictures

GARDEN PICTURES

I thought I'd give anyone that is interested some more pictures of my first ever try and growing my own food. So far I've done well, at least for my first try. I have come across many different problems and tried to deal with them. Not always have I been able to but my plants seem to be surviving well and producing food to eat. I've harvested the spinach a few times now and got quite a lot from it. Unortunately it looks like its going to seed (bolting) because it's growing taller and just looks different. Can anyone confirm this is what's happening?


The broccoli are starting to flower, so I can see the broccoli head forming from the centre of the plant (yay!), Carrots are ready to harvest so I'll pull those before end of week, and I'm just about to go and transplant some strawberry plants after this post. Some i'll keep in pots though.

My Cherry tomato plants. These are the ones I look after the most. Out of everything the most important plants for me are the strawberry an tomato plants. So these get extra attention to make sure they produce a lot of fruit.


Why not try a garden youself? If you're on a healthy CRON diet then its probably one of the best things you can possibly do to improve the shopping bills by just a little, and also get the benefits of home grown healthy organic foods. Even if it's like a few plants in pots, still worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment