Ads 468x60px

Monday, August 3, 2009

Carrots!

Just got my second harvest of carrots today and pulled up plenty! Can't wait to sow some more carrot seeds and this time have a far bigger area to grow them, and then store them to eat over a few months. I will update this post in the next couple days so check back for other information about the garden.







So far the easiest things to grow have been the cherry tomato plants and the carrots, hardly any real work needs to be done for them to grow other than watering, the strawberries are also now growing well but this year I don't expect a big harvest. I might let them spread in the garden box a bit. I expect I'll get around 30 strawbwerry plants next year which should be enough for me.

Although some things went good, somethings never really went that well, like the broccoli. The green caterpillars loved them and the plants just looked terrible recently so I pulled all but one of them. It's ok, I won't be doing so much broccoli next year because other plants you can get bigger harvests from in less time.


Please also take a moment to vote in my poll! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment