Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Changes

Hello everyone. I hope that you're off to a good this year. I can't believe how fast the years are going by, seriously! It seems like it was only a very short while ago that I started calorie restriction. It's certainly not true that; CR doesn't make you live longer, it just seems like it". Well anyway, another year gone, hopefully there are still many to come!

So what have I been up to whilst not posting any new blog updates for a while. Well to be honest, I've just been busy with other stuff and wanted to take a break from blogging while I made some changes. So what are the changes? Well first of all my stats have changed a bit, and so has the level of calorie restriction I'm on. My weight is now 115 - 116 lbs, up from 105 lbs. I was exercising a lot and increased my calorie intake slightly. I concentrated on increasing strength in my arms and my core. My abdominal muscles are pretty well defined now! I think I gained mostly muscle and I've been holding this weight for at least a couple weeks. Also I haven't noticed any significant changes to my body temperature, it still on average around 36.0 degrees! Blood pressure still 90/60. My BMI now is 18.2, which is almost normal for my height.. but still quite a bit lower than the average BMI in the WUSTL study which was closer to 20.

So am I going to increase my weight further? I really don't know, I know the maximum I'll go to is 120 lbs if I were to increase it. Why have I done this? Well because I'm in my 20's and I want to look a little better as you can imagine. Sometimes you I think you need to make choices, and I made mine. Obviously I'm fully in control of what I do with my body. I do not have any sort of eating disorder which prevents me from gaining weight. I gained this weight because I just felt this is what I want to do right now. Simple as that. Pure vanity. I doubt that my health markers have changed all that much, but I will get them tested soon. I assume I'm aging a little quicker, but I think that I'm still quite CR'd relative to what my weight was when I was 18. Some scales even read 10st, I vaguely remember. They could have been wrong... but as I've said in many posts before, my CR journey really started when I was 18, this was the time when family members become concerned because of a big weight loss that I didn't even intend to lose, it just came because I threw out the junk food in favour of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, no sugar... because of reading some stuff from ray kurzweil. And this was losing weight from an already healthy weight, I wasn't anywhere near a BMI of 25 as most adults are.

I've really been improving on my flexibility lately also by being absolutely dedicated, everyday to putting time aside to stretch, do my yoga, sometimes (not as often as i should) meditation for a short while. Haven't been working much on cardiovascular health like running for a while, but that's ok for now.

I've just started to use a really nice skin serum! It's called Skinceuticals CE ferulic acid, and it's making my skin more bright, it also is fading red marks that I have left over from my old acne days.. and there was 1 fine line that I had down my eye which has completely disappeared only after 3 weeks of using the serum. It's very expensive stuff however so I think that I won't be using it in the very long term, only for a period of about 6 months and will switch to a basic vitamin C serum like AOX 10-20 by skin ceuticals. The good thing about this product is that there is some actual peer reviewed studies behind its effects, and it seems to be working far better than anything else I used.

So although my weight has now increased, this isn't forever... I'm still CR'd quite a bit I think, although I can't measure how much! Sometime before I'm 30 I will decrease my calories slightly again.

One thing I'd love to do though is attain a physique like Bruce Lee. You know his stats later on in his life was 125 lbs at 5ft 7" (I have the book the art of expressing the human body). Mine is same height and 116 lbs. I'm a dedicated person, really I am, I could do it... or get somewhere close. When you're young it's very difficult to try find the balance. I think I've found it. I do look a little better, and thats from only gaining 10 lbs. Though I'd like to gain a little fat on my face :-) Just a little! And I'd be pretty happy!

But whatever, I'm still young, I think that I'm doing fairly well, and I think that I also have good genetics on my side too. A lot of my family, including my father and sister all have the same biomarkers as CRers and they're not on CR. My father looks 10 years younger than his age (in his 20's he lived healthy like me), and my sister is 23 but looks 16 years old and she has same kind of biomarkers as me, very low blood pressure, glucose, very low cholesterol, very low inflammation etc etc....

Good genetics, CRON, Raw Food, Strength training all I hope get to escape velocity where aging is being solved quicker than I can age. So although I relaxed my CR, it's only a bit and its most likely a short term thing for the next 5 years at most. And I'm still pretty damn skinny! haha :-)

Foods that I ate today;

First thing cranberry juice, supplements.

Oatmeal
Blueberries
Dark chocolate
Walnuts
Yogurt
almonds

Green smoothie;
Kale
Banana
Mango (w/skin)
Red Apple
Water
Fish Oil

Fruit Smoothie (tesco frozen berries) (best drink I've ever tasted!)
Raspberries
Blackberries
Blackcurrants
Redcurrants
Blueberries
1 Banana
Water
Whey protein

Broccoli
Sweet potato
Red sauce
Tomatoes
Olive Oil
Yogurt
Wholemeal bread

No comments:

Post a Comment