Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 15, 2008

Two different paths

I got asked a question today about what I'm going to do when I go to university. As medicine has been my goal now for quite a while I just said that, and forgot about the amount of thought I put into deciding over the last few months. It's true that I'd be happy with biomedical science, but medicine is my ideal job, I think. I have to decide really quickly what to do because by the time I'd finish I'd be over 30 years of age... well, maybe not so bad considering CR will keep me younger for longer... but those that have been reading my blog now know by now that I do want to get involved in researching into ageing too. Medical school would be like 6 years, thats including foundation year, and a degree in something like biomedical science would be half that. There is no saying that I'll even make my first attempt to get into med school, but it sure is a decision that I would want to make sure I'm doing the right thing -- the stress of long hours would age me lol.

There is always another idea and that is to go into med school as a grad student, complete biomedical degree and then apply for 4 year course in medicine. I really do have some big decisions to make, and pretty soon, if I am to apply for 2009... Biomedical science I have a bit more time to decide as you don't have to apply so early for that.

But I wont think no more about this now, it's 5am as I type this and I have work at 1pm... I am going to be tiiirrreeed today! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment