Ads 468x60px

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Comments Enabled.

Any resemblance to a post by another blogger is completely intentional.

I like to think that this blog functions a bit like Wikipedia. Each post is peppered with hyperlinks.

I post music videos, as they add variety to what is otherwise a rather dry subject. I also post pictures, as they both make my blog stand out on listing sites like Paleobuzz.

A blog is not a book. Once a book is published, it becomes outdated as soon as new information appears. A blog is easily edited. Therefore, when I learn something new that makes the information in a blog post outdated, I edit the post to bring the information up-to-date.

So please use this blog as if it was Wikipedia - continually updated for accuracy.

I also pepper my posts with references, hyperlinked for your convenience. I am retired, so I have more free time on my hands than someone who is working full-time. However, I don't spend many hours typing my posts as I hate writing. I have other things to do!

I will never write a book. The e-book that I wrote in 2005 was a brain-dump and it's now completely outdated.

I don't mind writing blog posts. I also don't mind spending a little extra time compiling references and creating links. I will stop blogging when I'm either depressed, incapable, dead or have run out of ideas (whichever happens first).

I will never disable comments. However, comments will always be moderated for new commenters and I will only approve comments that are free from:- insults, swearing, links to sales pages, long rambles, pointless arguments etc. I learn a lot from your comments, so keep 'em coming!

Finally, any e-mails sent to me that contain opinionated and/or poorly-researched rants may be published here (and will put you in the blocked senders list). I prefer to keep things public. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

No comments:

Post a Comment