Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I'm NOT a nutritionist, I'm a very naughty boy!

With apologies to Monty Python and Pål Jåbekk, whose recent blog post Kurt Harris, the messiah, the hype and the throwing of scales featured the sketch from Monty Python's Life of Brian (MPLOB) from which I got the title idea. Here's another clip from MPLOB which sums-up me these days...

I'm in an annoyingly (to some people) positive mood at the moment. Anyway, back to the subject.

On Friday 18th February, Jay (of Jay's Kitchen) described me as nutritionist to a customer. I pointed out that I am not, never have been and never will be a nutritionist. I do talk about diet & nutrition rather a lot, though. Sometimes, this can be a total turn-off, so I need to learn to shut my mouth before this happens.

For instance, I was talking to a very overweight & diabetic friend at karaoke on Thursday night after he mentioned that he had had multiple laser treatments for diabetic retinopathy. I pointed out that they can't laser kidneys back together when they fail due to excessively-high blood glucose. He mentioned a pile of daily medications that he had to take.

I mentioned Steve Cooksey and the fact that Steve had gone from fat & diabetic on a pile of daily medications to slim & non-diabetic on zero daily medications, and the fact that I had slimmed down and completely eliminated my glucose intolerance by using Vitamin D3, exercise & a low-carb diet. The 2nd & 3rd items in my list must have gone too far, as he got up to sing and when he finished singing, he sat somewhere else. He hasn't de-friended me on Facebook....yet!

Anyway, here's a link to How It Should Have Ended.

Here's the obligatory picture.


I posted the above picture because a) I used to really enjoy "The Good Life", b) I used to really fancy Felicity Kendall and c) Penelope Keith's character Margo had irony off to a fine art with "Well thank you very much!". Please note:-

In the US, "Thanks a bunch!" means "Thank you very much".
In the UK, "Thanks a bunch!" means what Margo meant.

By the way, I don't do irony. It usually goes right over my head and it doesn't work well in print without smilies. I'm not being ironic with what I just wrote. No, really. I'm not!

No comments:

Post a Comment