Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Create Your Own Kind of Magic




It's hard to believe we are embarking on the final leg of 2013! I have to admit, it kind of hit me the other day when I realized we have just 4 months left in the year. I whipped out my vision board that I made in February and pulled out my list of goals. I realize that I did a lot of the things I wanted to do, but I still had some magic left to create. 

So what did I do? I booked a trip to London and Paris, of course! I absolutely love London and I have been intending to do some book signings and Champagne Diet events on the other side of the pond, but I've put off the idea because it felt like too big of an undertaking. I'd have to put myself on a serious budget to save up money to go, start reaching out to people to plan my soirees, and do all of the leg work in terms of booking flights, hotels, etc. I know, I know, boo hoo, right? But seriously, international travel is a big deal, especially when you're planning it on your own. But it was important to me. It was important to feel like I could do the one thing I was dying to do, and do it for myself. 

And it wouldn't be a UK trip without a quick trip to Paris, right!? Another move I have been on the fence about. Would you believe I've never been to Paris? This morning I decided, why not? What am I waiting for? With a train ride just a little over 2 hours long and unbelievably cheap tickets, how could I not do this for myself? I've been dying to go to Paris for as long as I can remember, and again, taking myself there feels so unbelievably empowering. 

The point of my story? It's really and truly up to us to create the magic in our lives. I can't tell you how much this trip has shifted me. I am so thrilled to plan every last detail, catch up with old friends, and bring my work overseas. And nobody else was going to do it for me. I had to make the move, and I did.

So I want to know, how can you create magic in your life? It doesn't have to be a big trip, it can be anything. Baby steps are wonderful. Maybe there's a course you've wanted to take, or a language you've wanted to learn? Maybe you've been dreaming about writing a book, and today's the day that you open up that laptop and start writing. I challenge you to take a step, any step, and begin to make your life extraordinary.

PS -- Want some extra support in your journey? I'm rolling out my signature "Create Your Champagne Life" virtual group workshop in 3 weeks. This exclusive, intimate experience is more powerful than you can imagine. If you're interested in learning more, feel free to shoot me an email.

xo
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment