Ads 468x60px

Friday, November 15, 2013

Five Facts Friday

Happy Friday! Friday is definitely one of the best days of the week (though Saturday gives it a run for its money, Sunday is Fun Day, and Thursdays are pretty great for me this semester, too).

Anyway, this post isn't about ranting about how great over half of the weekdays are. It's a holiday-themed Five Facts Friday!

Why? Because holidays are AWESOME and it's finally that time of year again!

Fact #1: Starbucks is not losing the holiday-themed beverage market anytime soon.

Have you heard of the new Caramel Brulee flavor? It comes as both a latte and a frappucino (but why would you ever choose a latte when you could have a frappe? Even in winter?) and is already climbing to cult status. Maybe it's the next pumpkin hit?

Holiday Drinks


They also have Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread Latte, Eggnog Latte, and the usual creamy hot chocolates, so they're not going anywhere fast.

Fact #2: Dunkin' Donuts still can't hold a flame snowflake to Krispy Kreme. 

Okay, so I'm a little biased. What can I say? I'm a southern girl and Krispy Kreme is just better than the Yankee alternative. But seriously!
Krispy Kreme Snowman
The new Snowman Doughnuts are adorable, y'all.

Also, slightly related request - can we please, please, pretty please have a white Christmas this year? Living in NC, I haven't had one in ages. But even in the north, snow always seems to come after (occasionally before, but sadly generally after) Christmas. I love snow in December, but snow in January and February is often just cold and wet. Bah-humbug!

Fact #3: There is entirely not enough Home Alone in the ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Line-Up

So I've already checked out the schedule.

ABC Family 25 Days of Christmas Programming

What can I say? I'm a tad Christmas obsessed.

Or maybe more than a tad.

I love the new Christmas movies as much as the next girl, but the Home Alone movies (yes, all of them) are such a part of a traditional Christmas for me! Why is there barely any Home Alone on the schedule? WHY?

Fact #4: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is still going strong with the 87th annual parade this year!

It's a lovely tradition and the lineup looks pretty great this year, as usual. 

The Mickey the Sailor (C) balloon floats down Central Park West during the 86th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York November 22, 2012.
From the 2012 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
For the sake of the parade alone, I hope the department store stays in business for a long time!

Fact #5: Time is flying this semester!

I've said it before and I'm saying it again - this fall is passing in a flash! I'm not sure why it's going by so fast, but I can't say that I mind. It's been really fun (if fast!) so far!

What is(are) your favorite day(s)  of the week?

Have you started your Thanksgiving prep yet?

Is anyone else already elbow-deep in Christmas movies and music? #sorryimnotsorry since October

No comments:

Post a Comment