Ads 468x60px

Monday, January 29, 2007

Headaches

You know what, this is something I haven't really given much thought to but I can only remember having just 1 mild headache that lasted for a day or so in two years of being on CR. This includes when I've been sick with infections... no headaches! I thought about it today after I said I'd help out with this survey on coughs and chest infections. It's a study involving around 4000 people and I just basically keep a diary of my symptoms and see what I take and how long symptoms usually settle and whatever. I have to basically check boxes each day and then send it off. One of ths symptoms was headaches. Then it occured to me that I've not taken one painkiller in two years for a headache, I just don't get them anymore! Usually its a symptom of flu, throat infections and such, but nope, not even then!

I guess a lot of headaches maybe down to glucose spikes and dips from your regular western junk food diet. Even the stress I had earlier last year never caused any headaches. I wonder if any other CRers are free from headaches almost always now?

And also I am planning for those blood tests in feburary sometime.

Doctor put on my file to be done: CBC, Renal Function, Liver Function, Lipids, Fe, Fasting Glucose, CRP (can't get hs-CRP but hoping for <1mg/L). I forget to ask him for testosterone, DHEA or T3. Doctors can be a reluctant on the latter because of expense, but are generally ok about getting 1 or 2 of them done if its not too often. I will have to go back and speak to him about these blood tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment