Ads 468x60px

Friday, January 13, 2012

Lucky Number 13

I woke up this morning and realized it was a Friday, and it also happened to be the 13th. This didn't affect me much, aside from the news anchors focusing on all the bad luck that is typically associated with this day. "It's Friday the 13th everyone! Beware!" Facebook and Twitter posts galore all warning everyone of the gloom and doom headed our way. Black cats were just WAITING to cross my path and bring my life to a screeching halt, weren't they?

I was pissed off. Why were people paying SO much attention to such negative energy? I mean, I typically call Fridays "Champagne Fridays", mainly because it's the best day of the week and what's better than Champagne? So I decided to throw all the negativity away and make Friday the 13th my lucky day. I vowed that I would make something good happen today (plus, my horoscope told me there was nothing I couldn't do, so I had to believe it, right? NY Post knows all!)


Photo courtesy of weheartit.com

 I set my mind to a positive frequency and went about my day. I even totally forgot it was Friday the 13th by the time I got to the office. About an hour later, I had one of the most inspiring conversations with a friend which led me down a path of a new business venture that I could not possibly more thrilled about.

So, take that, Friday the 13th! You ain't gonna get in MY way with your witchcraft and scary spells. I just flipped you around and made you into a good luck charm. It's really all in the way we perceive things. I blog about the power of positive (and fabulous) thinking all the time. So go ahead and perceive this to be an amazing day, with an amazing bottle of bubbly awaiting you this evening. You'll be delighted to see just how much more fun things are on this side of the house.

Cheers!
Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment