Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Switching up C3


For those who've been around the block a few times on this diet and want to stay on C3, but need some ideas on how to switch things up and keep fooling your metabolism, here's some things that I did that accomplished this.  I'm a longtime C3-er (I was on it continuously from April 2011 through early-January 2012).

* Add or delete 1 carb for a few days

* Add or delete 1 fruit for a few days

* Add a probiotic (I never went down on these!!!) or increase your portion size to 8 ozs or 9 ozs from the 6 oz serving we use

* Vary the kind of protein you eat every few days (I am a chicken person, so I will switch to pork or go vegetarian for a few days on the weekend to do this)

* Vary the kind of carbs you eat (I always eat an oatmeal cookie muffin loaf in the morning [1.5 starches], so I switched to a sandwich mid-day for a few days)

* Try the zigzag calorie method. There are zigzag calculators online. I used this once and didn't do anything; then I used it again about a month later and didn't go *quite* as high as the calculator suggested (1,800) and it popped something loose on the loss

* Do what I did this last time: 3 days C3 followed by 2 days C1 and keep repeating -- this really kicked something loose with 7.3 lbs in 2.5 weeks, whereas previous cycles had been 0.1, 0.3, 2.6, 3.1, etc.

* Eat one meal that is not allowed: for some reason, with some people when you go back to the healthy eating you're used to, the disallowed items eating seems to kick something loose; I know it did for me (I did this for about 3 days at one point).

No comments:

Post a Comment