Ads 468x60px

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolution for 2012: Live Your Most Effervescent Life!

“We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.” ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce

Photo courtesy of weheartit.com


I was never one for New Year's Eve. In my past life, as I like to call it, New Year's Eve was very sad for me. It was a time to look back and reflect on mistakes; where things went wrong. I thought about who or what I missed, and all the things I didn't get to do. That attitude was reflective of the way I felt about life in general, and it was pretty shitty.

As I've said before, I started living The Champagne Diet lifestyle by accident. I had gotten to the point where I was fed up. Things needed to change for me. I was not going to tolerate the negativity anymore. I wasn't going to tolerate it in my job, my relationships, my friendships, the way I felt about my body, or my eating habits.I was ready.

My first step was drinking Champagne (great way to start, huh?) But I was on a mission to find a low calorie drink that I could enjoy regularly, and bubbles were the perfect option for around 100 calories a glass. I was sold on that alone, but as soon as I really started drinking it, everything changed for me.

I fell in love with everything about Champagne. The sound of a fresh bottle opening was like poetry to me. The swift pop filled me with excitement, and pouring a glass was an experience in itself. Watching the gorgeous golden bubbles tower over my flute and finding a new reason to toast each time I drank it became a ritual. Drinking bubbles made me feel luxurious, beautiful and worthy. I wondered why people didn't drink Champagne all the time. Why were they saving this magical drink for New Year's Eve and birthdays? Why weren't they all indulging in something so wonderful every day? Weren't they worth it? And just like that, The Champagne Diet was born.

Champagne has truly become a metaphor for me. I have made it my priority to live my most effervescent life. To settle for nothing but the best. To truly live a Champagne life. To celebrate everything, no matter how small it may seem. To raise a glass each night and toast to something - anything. To me, life is best lived through rosé colored glasses.

I also found passion in sharing my "sparkling" new ways with all of you. The network we have built on Twitter and Facebook is remarkable to me. I remember when I launched this blog in 2009, I had no concept of where it would take me. I remember saying, "If I could change one person's way of thinking, my job would be done." Now, two years later, with press across the globe from Australia, to India, to the UK, to Italy, I think I may have done just that. There is nothing like touching someone else, and if I have touched any of you, I am eternally grateful for that. I want you all to live the sparkling, Champagne-filled lives you deserve.

Now, here we are, New Year's Eve 2011, and this holiday has become a true celebration for me. It's a chance to reflect back on all of the amazing things we have accomplished over the past 12 months, and really set our minds to achieve all of the goals in front of us in the coming year.It's a chance to learn from the mistakes, and celebrate what we've learned from them. It's a chance to be better.

I don't believe in traditional New Year's resolutions. I think we should make resolutions all year long, whenever we want to change. I don't believe in waiting until December 31st to decide you want to join a gym or stop eating carbs. But I do believe that you should think about the way you want to live your life in 2012. If there are things you want, go get them. You deserve them all. If there is negativity in your life, kick it to the damn curb. Fulfill yourself. Dream, and do. Don't be afraid to fall. Don't be scared of rejection. Only accept the best in your world. Live your most effervescent, Champagne life.

Go get it girls, it's all waiting for you.

With Love,

Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment