Ads 468x60px

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Bias, Part 2.

I know what I like! Here's Genesis from their "Seconds Out" concert.



If you like/trust somebody/some organisation, they can do no wrong. Everything that they say/do is interpreted in the best possible light.

If you dislike/distrust somebody/some organisation, they can do no right. Everything that they say/do is interpreted in the worst possible light.

I like/trust people. I give people the benefit of the doubt. Three strikes and they're out, though! Ditto for tradespeople and small businesses. To minimise the chance of getting ripped-off, I use personal recommendations and sites like http://www.checkatrade.com/

I don't dislike large organisations, but I don't trust them. I consider big businesses to be soulless money-making machines, and governments to be incompetent and/or corrupt (to varying degrees) people-ruling machines.

This post is also about arguments on the internet. My plea is this:-
Please support your likes/trusts and dislikes/distrusts with evidence if at all possible. If you want to get rid of something that you dislike/distrust, please suggest a workable alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment