Ads 468x60px

Friday, August 16, 2013

The Results Are In...


About 3 weeks ago, a friend and fellow health coach that I met through a networking group for women entrepreneurs asked me if I wanted to take part in a 12 Day Beachbody challenge. Always up for something new, I asked her about the details. All I had to do was replace 1 meal with Shakeology (I'll get to that in a minute), exercise 9 out of the 12 days, and eat healthy (something I always do). It sounded easy enough, but I had to do some research on these shakes before getting started. If you know me, then you know I am militant about the foods I put in my body and if something has chemicals in it I am not eating it. I will admit it: I totally expected Shakeology to be filled with questionable ingredients and I was ready to come back to Lindsey and fill her in on just how horrible these shakes were for her and that she should not be drinking them, let alone let her clients drink them.

Boy was I wrong.

After a thorough read-through of the ingredients list, I was blown away. Blown away so much that I had to start googling more and more about them. I searched for a good 2 days and I could not find one claim that Shakeology was bad for you (I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist). After speaking to another friend who is a health and fitness maniac, I felt even better when I found out she drinks Shakeology for breakfast daily. Why wouldn't anyone love these little 100% whole food nutritional bombs? They're chock-full of antioxidants, probiotics, essential amino acids, and phytonutrients that help the body shed stored fat while increasing your energy (naturally), help curb your cravings, promote healthy digestion, and ultimately help you lose weight. I truly could go on for days, and if you want to email me with any questions feel free. 

Clearly, I was game. Within a few days my shakes arrived and Lindsey emailed me a personalized menu for the next 12 days that I could choose to follow if I wished (I'm pretty set on my food routine though I did get some excellent ideas from the plan she sent me). I knew I'd be able to drink the shakes and eat well, but I did not think I'd be able to muster up the energy to work out. I have a full-time job aside from maintaining this blog and working with my coaching clients, so the last thing I really want to do at night after a 12 hour day is go sweat for an hour before I've even had dinner.  But the moment Lindsey brought me into the private Beachbody Facebook accountability groups (there's one for the 12 day challengers and one called "Commit to Fit"), I was more motivated than I had been in years. I quickly learned that what was so magical about this experience was not just the shakes. It was the sense of community and the personal coaching I received from Lindsey that really motivated me. I truly have never been around such a positive group of empowering people who are living, breathing results of just how powerful it is to take control of your health and fitness.

By Day 1, I had clocked about 2 hours in the Facebook groups (oops!) and I was hooked. I soaked in all the inspiration, tips, and support and sure enough, that night I found myself in Spin class. I have continued to work out consistently for these past 12 days and have never felt more passionate about striving to be the best I can possibly be. The shakes are delicious (there are tons of fun recipes you can make -- hello peanut butter and jelly vanilla!?) and it's been so amazing to feel my body change. I know it's only been less than 2 weeks, but this has been the jump start I've needed to take my fitness to the next level and I truly cannot wait to see where it takes me!

So I bet you're waiting on the results, huh!? Well, here goes. In 12 days:

- I lost 5 lbs
- I lost 2 inches off my waist
- I lost 2 inches off my hips
- 1 lost 2 inches off my thighs
- My energy is through the roof
- And I have honestly NEVER felt better

The first of many "progress" photos! (Yes, those are my pink boxing gloves on my zebra chair....I may be able to kick ass, but I'm still a glamour girl)

And I'm just getting started. I don't have a number in mind as to how much weight or how many inches I want to lose, but I do know that I want to begin challenging myself to do things I always assumed I never could. I'm ready to defy the rules I set for myself. I'm ready to get the abs I never thought I'd see. I'm ready to push myself.

I am so passionate about this experience that I have decided to start incorporating Beachbody and Shakeology into my own lifestyle and health coaching practice. In fact, I'm leading a 12 day challenge starting on September 3rd which is nearly sold out already. If you're interested in joining us, email me

Cheers to our health & happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment