Ads 468x60px

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Keep Calm and Write a Novel



I've dreamed of writing a novel for as long as I can remember. Full-on fiction fantasies among the likes of Bridget Jones and all of our other favorite chick-lit story lines. I never quite had enough of a drive to sit down at my laptop and actually do it, considering the only experience I have with writing fiction dates back to the seventh grade when I wrote creative short stories about horses and cute boys. (For the record, I did get A+'s on all of those projects. Just saying...).

Now that I've got two non-fiction books under my belt, I've been flirting more and more with the idea of finally writing that novel. So many plots have been swimming through my little brain; romantic comedies set in New York and London, chick-lit-esque stories filled with relatable characters that make us laugh and cry just the same. I knew I'd need some guidance in ensuring this book was written well (fiction and non-fiction are seriously night and day), so I hired my editor, Cara Lockwood, as my writing coach to help give critical feedback and allow me to make this novel irresistible. 

I won't say much more, for now, considering the title is still in the works and I'm letting the story take shape as I write it, but I will share that I am totally excited about this journey and I can't wait to share it with all of you. If it's any indication, I've seriously laughed out loud at the first two chapters each time I re-read them, and I hope it'll keep you laughing, too.

Off to go continue tapping away at my first draft...

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment