Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Real. Honest. Popcorn - A Review

Since it's only a week or two until Thanksgiving break (okay, I admit it - I'm guilty of always starting my vacation countdowns a wee bit early), many of you are probably starting to think of making travel arrangements to head home/to see family. 

I love a lot of different things about traveling, but I really like the journey as well. And I stand firmly by my belief that airports can be a fun source of new food discoveries, even for health-minded travelers!


On my last few trips, I've been seeing a lot of these Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company snacks in pretty much every airport that I've traveled through, as well as in every Duane Read during my summer in New York

Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company makes all natural, gluten-free and nut-free gourmet popcorns with an emphasis on whole, natural ingredients.

So even though I'll take sweet over savory any day of the week, I was glad to give their popcorn a try.

I started with the most simple flavor - Naked. It's just plain popcorn with a bit of oil and a little bit of salt.


The popcorn tastes very crispy and fresh, it's not at all stale or chewy. I was really impressed, especially considering that it came from a bag! 

But Naked is just the springboard for the rest of their fun flavors - like Jalepeno, Kettle, Cinnamon Sugar, Caramel, White Cheddar, Butter, etc. They're all similarly high quality snacks and taste like what they say they will.

Like the butter one?


Think movie theater popcorn flavor, but without all the greasiness.


And white cheddar is very cheesy.


But in a more grown-up, cheese taster plate kind of way than a squeeze-it-out-of-the-tube nacho cheese kind of way.



I'd say they're worth giving a try, especially if you enjoy popcorn.

I hope you all have happy, safe travels (and a happy, safe travel-prep period)!

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Do you prefer sweet or savory snacks?

What are your favorite travel treats?

Don't forget to enter my Tookies Smores Cookie-in-a-Jar Gift giveaway and my INTERNATIONAL chocolate Advent Calendar giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment