Ads 468x60px

Saturday, November 17, 2012

With Purpose, There is Peace

About a year ago, I found myself with an overwhelming craving for peace. I didn't quite know what I needed, but I knew I needed to escape the rattling chatter in my brain, the anxious feeling in my bones, and the sense of overwhelm and worry that swept over me almost daily. 

I started trying all sorts of things; yoga, an even healthier diet, a brief brush with veganism, a new boxing workout, giving up wine, drinking (a lot more) wine, giving up coffee - you name it, I did it, all in an effort to calm my nerves and feel (if even for a brief moment) zen.

As someone who has battled an anxiety disorder in the past, peace didn't seem like anything that was within my reach. I had succumbed to the fact that I'd always be this anxious, slightly neurotic person that could never rest. It wasn't until I learned to truly channel that anxiety into something positive, like finding my passion and my purpose, that it all clicked.

Once I truly figured out what I was put on this planet to do, which is help others, everything changed for me. I was sort of there with this blog, and I knew I was reaching women, but for a long time, it wasn't anything more than a hobby and an outlet for me. Once I began coaching I felt closer to my purpose than I ever had before. But I was still working full-time, without a real plan. Then, when Sparkle came out, I was overwhelmed with the positive response I got from readers. I was getting even closer. But it was not until recently, when I made the decision that I could tie all of my passions together with my purpose, and make a real, solid plan to eventually transition into that world, MY world, full-time, that I finally found peace.

The past few weeks have been some of the most clear, zen, inspiring, peaceful weeks I've ever had in my life. Everything is flowing as it should be. I'm effortlessly eating better (I had a wheat grass shot this morning! Who am I??), I'm not stressing out over what the future holds, I'm reading more, I'm sleeping better. Worry isn't even on the table. I'm calm. I'm happy. I'm at peace.

When things are out of whack in our lives, there is an unbalance. An uneasy feeling. A sense that something is off, even if we don't necessarily realize it is. Your body knows. Listen to it. 

I really encourage you to look at your life right now, exactly as it stands, and think about your purpose. Are you living it? Is it a part of your every day? Or are you just going through the motions? Are you caught up living the life you think you should be living because it's easier that way? Are you truly fulfilled?

Take some time to clear the static and the noise around yourself, and really dig deep and figure out what you want. Think about the life you want to live.  And then go out there and live it. It's in nobody's hands but yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment