Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Snarky Stylist: Best of Spring 2013 Collections

Before I get into the Snarky Stylist part of the post, I have a HUGE FAVOR to ask of you guys.

Will you pretty please vote for me in the L'oreal contest? Just click the link and then the little heart - I would sooooo appreciate it, and it would be super awesome if you'd get your Twitter/facebook friends to vote for me, too!

Okay, shameless plug is over - Snarky Stylist time!

Lest you think spring 2013 looks absolutely dismal for fashion (not the case AT ALL) after last week's Snarky Stylist review, here are some of my favorite looks from various spring 2013 collections!

DISCLAIMER: These are just a few of my favorite looks. There are so many style geniuses out there that I couldn't possibly fit all of my favorites into one post!

Rami Kadi
Rami Kadi has wrapped up all of my romantic fashion desires in one gown with this stunning number - I love the fabric and not a single fold is superfluous - everything adds to an absolutely stunning creation of pure decadence!

But Rami Kadi wasn't the only one who excelled at detailing.

Talbot Runhof
Talbot Runhof makes me (even more) proud to be German! Talk about a genius.

Erdem
A big round of applause to Erdem for making something that a normal woman would actually wear in her normal day-to-day life! And I love the shape of the shoes <3

Spring in Boston isn't necessarily summer weather all the time, so I appreciate that some designers planned in some cute colder weather looks, too!

Burberry Porsum
I love that jacket!! And the pants - so cute!

Often designers think that you have to be really over the top and different to be good.

I disagree. Just make it look good, it doesn't need to be made of saran wrap or trash bags!

MSGM
MSGM didn't do anything too inventive with this look, but the prints are great and they really show that classic cuts, but with new twists, can be really great!

Versus also really had fun with prints this season!

Versus
This season, Versus is sort of at the intersection of Zenon: Girl of the 21st century and Kindergarten chic.

It's odd, but it works!

Like this look from Chloe:

Chloe
A lot of the Chloe collection is just a lot of material, swallowing the girls entirely, but I do appreciate the shoulders on that top.

In fashion, like in life, you win some and you lose some.

What are your favorite spring/summer 2013 looks?

Who's your favorite designer at the moment?

Skirts or pants?

No comments:

Post a Comment