Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Waffling Around

I liked Van's Natural Foods pancakes a lot, so I decided to pick up a box of their blueberry waffles when I was bankrupting myself shopping at Whole Foods the other day.



I chose the gluten-free blueberry waffles, which are also dairy- and egg-free. They're made with whole grains and sweetened with fruit juices. A serving is just the right size for a great afternoon snack - two waffles, each a bit bigger than my palm.

I warmed them in the toaster and topped them with maple syrup.



I love the way the maple syrup soaks into the waffle and fills the little wells!


These waffles are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, like a heartier version of my childhood after-school favorite (Eggo's). The still have that light chewiness that waffles do and you'd never guess that they're an eggless, dairy-free vegan alternative!


They're gone just as quickly as their egg- and dairy- and wheat-alternatives and they're every bit as delicious.


This might be a weird, just-me thing, but I tend to crave pancakes and waffles more in the spring, ice cream more in the winter, sweet potatoes and squash more in the fall, and frozen fruit more in the summer.

What are your seasonal cravings?

What's your favorite way to eat waffles?

Where do you do most of your grocery shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment