Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Veganista Diaries: Semi-Homemade Burrito Bowl

I seriously think I'm becoming the Sandra Lee "Semi-Homemade" of vegan cooks. 

I am all about convenience. Between working a full-time corporate job, running my private coaching practice, blogging, and balancing my home life, I don't have time to be Martha Stewart in the kitchen. If I can skip steps, I'm doing it. Even if that means spending a couple extra bucks.


So when I went into Whole Foods the other night, I was inspired to design a Chipotle-style burrito bowl with a vegan twist. Using fresh, whole ingredients, I concocted this delicious, plant-based dish in (literally) one minute!

I mean, come on!


I heated up a 60 second microwavable Uncle Ben's brown rice cup, tossed in Whole Foods fresh guacamole, Whole Foods fresh salsa, a handful of Daiya cheddar shreds, and 2 tablespoons of Cedar's black bean salad.

The result? Absolutely delicious! Try it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment