Ads 468x60px

Thursday, February 14, 2013

WhoNu Review

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm not doing a particularly Valentine's-themed post today, as I'm sure there are enough out there.

Instead, I'm posting about cookies. Cookies are good, no?

how to draw cookie monster

WhoNu cookies have been around for a while (not super long, but long enough that even my mom has noticed them in Harris Teeter). I hadn't tried them, but I have wondered about them.

The pictures on the box look like standard Chips Ahoy! or Oreo cookies, but they claim as much fiber as a bowl of oatmeal, as many antioxidants as a cup of blueberries, as much Vitamin E as two cups of carrot juice, as much iron as a cup of spinach, and as much Calcium and Vitamin D as a glass of milk.

Okaaaaay.

There are several different varieties, but I decided to try the three that paralleled my usual favorites. I started with the soft & chewy chocolate chip cookies.

There's a resealable packet inside, great for keeping the cookies fresh. 

The cookies themselves are pretty standard in size and three cookies is a serving (it's the same for all three WhoNu varieties that I tried). That makes a nice-sized serving.


The cookies are really soft and delicious! The chocolate chips are fresh and chocolatey, not at all stale, and there are plenty of them!

I liked these even better than the (comparatively nutritionally devoid) Chips Ahoy! counterparts. They're slightly less sweet, but still sweet enough. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed them!

Next up were the crispy chocolate chip cookies.

They're also quite tasty, with the same yummy chocolate chips. Like the soft & chewy cookies, they're a little less sweet than the usual chocolate chip cookies. I have quite a sweet tooth, however, and they were still sweet enough for me.


These did still have a slightly odd taste - not bad, but different from your standard packaged chocolate chip cookie. Maybe it's the oat bran? 

Next up were the chocolate sandwich cookies. 


I'm a BIG Oreo fan, so I was really excited to try these. I do think that Oreos are a bit too sweet (I always top them with peanut butter and I think they taste great crumbled on ice cream, too, so there are always enough flavors going on that I don't need that super sweetness). 


I preferred these, because they're a little less sweet but the cookies are still chocolatey and rich and tasty. The cream in the middle tastes spot on and these are also super delicious with peanut butter. Parent Trap style!


This is a little off-topic, but I have high hopes for Lindsay Lohan.

She was such a talented actress and I refuse to believe that her gift is gone for good. I also think she's genuinely a good, nice person who's been subject to a lot of negative press at a tough time in her life.

I think she'll bounce back! I'm rooting for her.

Have you tried WhoNu cookies?

Do you love Oreos and peanut butter? 

Lindsay Lohan: love her? Hate isn't an option, I'm not interested in hearing anyone talking smack (she's not here to defend herself). But if you like her, it would be nice to hear someone saying something nice for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment