Ads 468x60px

Sunday, June 2, 2013

New York Naturals Greenola Review

I'm obsessed with granola. It's one of the yummiest types of cereal around - and one of the yummiest types of food, period!

I love trying different kinds of granolas, so I was really excited to try the Kale Factory's Greenola.



Instead of being based on oats, as most granolas traditionally are, kale makes up the base of the Kale Factory's granola! Oats are great (with all sorts of nutritional benefits) but it's fun to mix things up a little when you eat as much granola as I do - and a little extra green in my day certainly isn't a bad thing!

Their Cherry Chia Greenola was all sold out, so I tried their other three flavors - Cranberry Nut Crunch, Spirulina Crunch, and Raisin Coconut.



All of the greenolas were really crunchy and fresh, so I didn't miss the oats at all. They also didn't taste at all like kale - they were sweet and crunchy and delicious, with no kale bitterness whatsoever!



 I also really liked that they put in tons of the other mix ins - dates, coconut flakes, raisins, almonds, etc. Every mouthful was super flavorful. Yum!



While I enjoyed all three flavors that I tried a lot, my clear favorite was the Spirulina Crunch Greenola.



It was a beautiful green color and super crispy and sweet!



As you can see, the chunks were of different sizes. About half of it was crumb-sized, but the other half came in chunks from 1 inch to 3 inches in length - I loooved the big pieces and they're perfect for eating straight out of the tub!



All in all, however, my favorite way to enjoy the greenola was with greek yogurt and peanut butter. Yum!

Have you ever tried Greenola?

What's your favorite kind of cereal?

What's your favorite way to eat your veggies?

No comments:

Post a Comment