Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Why is it Easier to Just Hit Delete?


A few months ago, I was receiving upwards of forty spam emails per day. Most of them appeared in my inbox first thing in the morning. I check my email as soon as I wake up (I know, I know) and these spam emails were killing me. Every morning, frustrated, I'd delete each one, cursing under my breath. 

Then one day I woke up and thought: Why don't I just unsubscribe?

I had gotten so used to the act of deleting these emails EVERY. SINGLE. DAY that it didn't even occur to me that I should just fix the root of the problem and get myself off these crazy lists. 

We become so used to sweeping things under the rug which ultimately makes life harder for ourselves. We ignore the actual problem (like spam emails) and remain frustrated that nothing is changing. But if we just take action, we can actually fix the core issue.

Now isn't that somethin? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment