Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 9, 2012

And You Thought Girl Scout Cookie Season Was Over...

FALSE. Thanks to Luna Bar it is now always Girl Scout Cookie Season.

And they're healthy Samoas, to boot!

Do y'all call them Samoas? We grew up calling them Caramel Delites, but I've heard Samoas so often lately that I've started calling them that, too. Whatever - they're my favorite Girl Scout Cookie, whatever you want to call them.

And though the only Luna Bars I had tried until this point where the Luna Protein Bars (which I loooved), I was excited to try some of the 'classic' Luna Bars.


I started with the Chocolate Dipped Coconut bar, which was an odd choice considering that I've never considered myself to be all that coconut crazy. Maybe things have changed (am I due for another 7-year-tastebud-transformation?) or maybe I just had a premonition. I unwrapped that bar to find a...


BIG GIRL SCOUT CARAMEL DELITE COOKIE.  

Be still, my heart.


From the melty chocolate, to the crispy cookie soy crisps, to the sweet coconut flakes (and I swear I tasted some gooey caramel in there, too), to the chewy gooeyness, it's the exact same thing

Only WAAAAY bigger and more filling. And with 3g of fiber, 9g of protein, and only 11g of sugar. And a bunch of vitamins and minerals.


Oh, I'm a Luna Bar convert, all right. And I'm so kicking myself for not trying these earlier!

No worries. I'll just make up for lost time now. :P

I also tried the S'mores flavor, another tried-and-true Girl Scout classic, but wasn't as pleased.


While the flavor was spot on, I had been expecting (and hoping) that the bar would have actual chunks of marshmallow and chocolate in it and was disappointed not to have that extra textural something.


It was still a tasty bar, but not one that I'd go out of my way to hunt down.

This, on the other hand?


Full of chocolate chunks AND it had a marshmallow-y flavor...


 It's super yummy, a huge upgrade from the chocolate chip Chewy bars of childhood lunch boxes!


I definitely get why this is the most popular Luna Bar flavor, but I still prefer the Chocolate Dipped Coconut. I double-dog-dare you to try it and NOT have it become your new fave.

But in case you don't like chocolate (you crazy person, you!) Luna has you covered:


It has a yogurt-y coating on the bottom, that was pleasantly free of that chemical-flavor some yogurt coatings have (and it was perfectly sweet, not sickeningly sweet).


The peanut butter chips were delightful, especially paired with the crunch of the peanuts! For a chocoholic like me (I almost always go for bars with chocolate in them - as much chocolate as possible, please) this was tasty enough to make me want to buy it for those (gasp) rare times that I don't want chocolate.


There was another flavor, that I really liked - just I think I'll be more in the mood for it come December (who am I kidding? November at the last, September at the earliest):


I like that the bar is chocolate, with the peppermint stick coating on the back - speckled with bit of peppermint (maybe candy cane?), yay!


It tastes very much like Christmas and I know that I'm going to be enjoying a lot of this, come Christmastime!



But for now (as I'm trying to hold myself off from getting too psyched about Christmas too early - and summer is probably a bit early, haha) I'm off to buy more Chocolate Dipped Coconut Luna Bars!

so need a good stash ;)

What's your favorite Luna Bar flavor?


What's your favorite Girl Scout Cookie?


For the students, when do you go back to school?


Did you do double-dog-dares when you were younger?


Don't forget to enter my virgin coconut oil giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment