Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Dairy-Free Desserts Galore!

Happy Saturday!

I know we've just been back to regular life for a bit (vacations just ended) but it's still nice when the weekend swings around.

Today I have a new treat for you guys - or rather, four!

I've tried paleo foods before and, even though I'm not even close to paleo (I love my carbs and grains, y'all!) I have found that paleo snacks can be really high quality and a healthy, tasty addition to my normal diet. There's normally a lot of coconut, dried fruit, seeds and nuttiness involved and what can I say? I'm a fan!

Paleo Treats are no exception. Paleo Treats make four varieties of delicious paleo goodies - Brownie Bombs, Cacao Now, Mac Attacks, and Mustangs.


My favorite of the four is, without a doubt, the Cacao Now! because it's basically a good sized round of smooth, creamy, premium chocolate packed with healthy antioxidants and peppered with scrumptious goji berries, raisins, pistachios, and almonds.



Peppered? No, that doesn't quite describe it - it's like a big handful of trail mix covered in dark chocolate - it's loaded with nuts and seeds!



There are no icky preservatives, dyes, or unnatural sweeteners (just honey!) and the ingredients list is mercifully short. They also melt super easily in your mouth - no chalkiness here! It's rich, it's indulgent, and it's good for you. Did you know dark chocolate triggers serotonin release in your brain and makes you happier? Cacao Now certainly made me happier :)


The Brownie Bomb is also really good - it's actually two servings in a packet, because the brownie is just that decadent. It's so yummy that you'll be tempted to eat the whole thing at once, but so rich and nutritious that you'll be satisfied at the halfway point.



There are just six delicious, nutritious ingredients (honey, pecans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao powder, almond flour) and I really liked the smattering of pecans on the top of the brownie - it added that great bit of nutty crunch to perfectly round out the stick-to-your-teeth richness of the brownie.

If you're a coconut macaroon fan, the Mac Attacks were made for you. 



Made with egg whites and coconut, there's a nice balance of healthy fats and essential amino acids to keep your hair long and strong, your skin glowing, and your nails manicure-worthy.

It's a beauty-booster treat and the cacao nibs are a nice touch.



Check out all that shredded coconut! I know a lot of you are probably all over that :)

I liked the Mustang bar better than the Mac Attack but not quite as much as the amazing chocolate creations (simply because it didn't have chocolate and chocolate = The Shizz).



It's best straight out of the freezer, for optimal melt-in-your-mouth effect, and there's a definite softness/chewiness to it. Even straight out of the freezer it's definitely soft enough to eat easily (probably because it's based on almond butter and coconut oil).



The seeds and nuts add a nice crunch, while the coconut oil and almond butter make for a mellow nutty base. It's lightly vanilla flavored and the raisins provided delightful bursts of sweetness (though I could go for a few more raisins - what can I say? My sweet tooth is rabid). 

It's a nice, filling snack and a Mustang in the mid-afternoon held me over to a late dinner. Thumbs up!

Have you tried Paleo Treats?

Do you like chocolate and dried fruits together?

Coconut : Love it, Hate it, Meh?

What's the yummiest new-to-you thing you've 'discovered' this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment