Ads 468x60px

Saturday, January 26, 2013

What's Zen Got to Do With It?




I'll admit it: I am a peace junkie. What does that mean, you ask? Well, as a gal who thrives on the hustle and bustle of New York City, I equally crave the sweet surrender of a sun-soaked beach, the quiet of the morning, the blissful aroma of lavender oil, and a steaming hot cup of Yogi tea. I'm quite the dichotomy. I love the zen, but I also need the crazy. You can catch me meditating in a pair of heels with a glass of champagne. I'm kind of like a glam hippie. 

But I always check myself when I feel I'm going off the busy-bee deep end, because too much of anything is never good, and this weekend is one of those times. I've been working like a mad woman putting together events, hosting workshops, and working with my private clients. I seriously love what I do, but mama is on the brink of burn-out. So, I need a little zen in my life. Like I always say, balance doesn't exist. Balance implies we spend equal amounts of time on all areas of our lives, and that is impossible. What we should be striving for is well-roundedness. A little bitta this, a little bitta that.

So this weekend, I'm curling up to my pretty silky pajamas, my yoga mat, my essential oils, and delicious, nourishing foods (and of course, my wine). Glam hippie is coming out to play. If you're feeling stressed (or better yet - if you sense you may be feeling stress sometime soon), be sure to take time to stop and smell the roses (or lavender). Schedule "peace breaks" if you need to. Go for a massage. Take 10 minutes out of the day to meditate. In your heels.

Your body, and brain, will thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment