Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

How to Design Your Dream Life and Why You Have No Other Choice

Yesterday I worked from home. I got up without an alarm around 8 am, and slowly made my way to the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee. I calmly and leisurely allowed myself to wake up, listening to music and playing with my dog. By 10 am I was starting my workout, followed by a refreshing shower with my new lavender bath gel. Next, I checked emails, did some work, and at around 1 pm, I went to a local bistro to pick up a piece of freshly prepared lemon caper salmon (my secret to preparing amazing meals is letting the restaurant do half the work!) I came home and made my own sauteed organic spinach with garlic and extra virgin olive oil and had a delicious lunch.


I mean, how delicious does that look?

Why am I telling you all of this? Because while it was all going down, it occurred to me that I am able to live my healthiest, happiest life when I work from home. I eliminate my commute and I get to work in a space that I designed with so much care and personality that it inspires me every day. I have time to exercise and take breaks and stay relatively active throughout the whole day.

Knowing this empowers me to make all the necessary changes to ensure that those days happen as often as possible for me. Can it be my every day? Not right now, but I'm working on it. Rather than sitting around bitching that I still have to commute some days, I focus on all of the energy and inspiration I get from the days where I'm working and living in my perfect space. I don't dwell on the days where it feels like drudgery. I know they are few and far between. I plan all of my vacation time to create shorter work weeks for myself so I can be at home, doing what I love. I work harder and harder to design the life and work I want to do in this world.

See where I'm going with this? It's on you to design the life that serves you best. The life where you shine, where you feel healthy and balanced, and fulfilled. It's going to look different for each one of us, so only you know how to get there. But you've got to get there. There's really no other choice.

So start today. Make one move. Write one plan. Dream one dream.

And if you need a buddy to dream and plan with you, I'm here.

With love,
Cara

PS - Maybe your dream life involves giving up dieting forever and living a life of health and happiness (for real this time)? If so, you do NOT want to miss my next phone workshop. I only have 6 spots left. Get the scoop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment