Ads 468x60px

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Recipe: Vegan Brownie Pancakes

Thanks for bearing with me during my (pretty quiet on the blog) week or two of final stress.

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Until next semester, at least. Still, there are three months of glorious, glorious summer ahead of me. Hooray!

And I'm back. Here's the first of those recipes that I promised to keep coming all summer. Let's celebrate the start of summer with dessert-worthy pancakes!

Remember my Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Surprise Pancakes?



Yup, it's that awesomeness, in case you're new to the blog (or forgot all that deliciousness).

Made with Vega protein powder instead of fiber, it's a super-filling, high-protein pancake with an extra nutrition boost from the veggies in the Vega protein powder!

And they're crazy delicious.

But in case you want a pancake that's really like a pure dessert (but with the amazing nutrition that makes it a great breakfast - and one that will definitely keep you satisfied until lunch, or until the late afternoon if you're serving it brunch-style) here's my newest favorite recipe.


Vegan Knock-You-Naked Brownie Protein Pancakes (V)

 1 packet Vega Chocolate Nutritional Shake 
* 2 Tbsp. Old-Fashioned Oats

* 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
* 1 heaping Tbsp. Almond Butter 
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1/4 c. soy milk 
* 1-2 Tbsp. chocolate chips (I used about 2, since I'm a serious chocoholic)
* 1/4 c. chopped walnuts, plus a few for topping
* 1 Tbsp. sugar (or alternative sweetener of choice - honey or maple syrup should be fine, just reduce the liquid a bit)
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
* sprinkle salt
oil for cooking
* ice cream of choice! Technically optional, but NO. Definitely necessary.

1) Mix ingredients in a medium-sized bowl (don't overmix, it will mess with the texture - instead, mix the dry ingredients first and then mix the wet ones in after).


2) Heat oil in a pan over medium heat (it's tempting to go hotter, but then your pancakes might not cook evenly).

3) Ladle batter into hot oil.

4) Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side, until firm and browned.
5) Serve warm, preferably a la mode! If you're actually vegan, I suggest So Delicious Coconut Ice Cream. Since I'm not actually vegan, I just topped it with some good old vanilla Breyer's. Sprinkle with a few extra walnuts.


Yum!



What's your favorite breakfast right now?

Will you actually try this recipe? If you post your version, I'd love to see your twist on it/how it turned out for you!

How often do you try recipes from the blogs?

No comments:

Post a Comment