Ads 468x60px

Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday MOETivation: Celebrate Life

As I write this blog, it's thundering outside, there is heavy downpour, and I am preparing for 2 days of hell. We lost my great aunt Dolores this weekend. She was a beautiful woman; kind, caring, selfless, young at heart, with the warmest smile you could ever imagine. You'd never know anything was wrong, but I knew she didn't have an easy life. Nothing was handed to her, she had her share of problems, yet you'd never know. Her bright eyes and her beautiful spirit revealed nothing but happiness, appreciation for life, and beauty.

Funerals are never easy. I have an incredibly hard time grasping death. No matter how spiritual I am, there is just something so unreal about it to me. No matter the age of the person, how sick they were, whatever the case may be - you are never prepared to say goodbye. There's no doubt today and tomorrow will be brutal, but I am choosing to try my hardest to view these two days as a celebration of Dolores' life...of all our lives.

I find that the happiest people are those who have been through the most. When you experience a loss, or even come close to it, it really puts things in perspective. You realize that nothing is guaranteed, and every peaceful moment is a gift.

So no matter what you're going through right now, take a few moments to celebrate the good stuff. Celebrate your health, your family, your home, your friends, your love, your career, your children - whatever it is, embrace it, appreciate it and know that it is meant for you to enjoy and to cherish. This life is short, it is unpredictable, and it is precious. My mantra is to celebrate each day, and although I remind myself of that daily, it really hits home at times like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment