Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WIAW #40: Day in the Life

Y'all asked for it, so here's a WIAW, Day in the Life style!

DISCLAIMER: not every single activity or every single thing I ate/drank is included - it would be pretty darn dull if I included things like 'brushed my teeth,' 'took a shower,' 'washed my dishes,' etc. But no worries! Just because I didn't write it doesn't mean I don't do it. :P

Also, my days are very atypical. There is no 'usual' day for me right now. I'm interning for a teeny tiny start-up (so small that my boss is the only paid employee) and we don't even have an office. We usually work out of common working spaces or coffee shops, but this day she happened to be in Connecticut, so I worked from home (not the usual scenario).

Peas and Crayons

6:00
Wake up, get myself ready for the day. Check emails, check blogs, comment on a few.

7:00
Eat breakfast while reading newspaper and magazine articles online.

Breakfast of champions: a big bowl of pudding oatmeal with chia, cocoa powder, chocolate almond milk,and chocolate melted in. Chocoholic, much? Half a grapefruit on the side - that just shows you how big these platter-like plates are!
8:00
Start work on the startup's website.

9:30
Have an email conversation with my boss.

10:30
Snack on some chocolate-covered strawberries and Trader Joe's California walnuts (because I clearly haven't had enough chocolate yet). Sorry, no pics!

12:30
Lunch at my computer

Sugar snap peas are the shizz. So is my homemade cheezy dressing, hanging out in the bottom left hand corner of this pic.
My Quest bar order arrived! Went perfectly with a slice of bread and a bag of almonds, yummmm

This was so crisp and delicious that pictures just can't do it justice.
13:00
Write copy for the company's website

15:00
Eat at my laptop, design workshops and write pitches. It's super hot, so a mocha frappucino ice cream bar with peanuts, cashews, and granola on the side really hits the spot.



17:00
Finish work for the day, turn on Pandora and have an unpictured strawberry jam, walnut, chocolate bar sandwich (just put all of the aforementioned between two slices of bread and sigh in delight). Also have a random plate/platter of awesomeness (see below). Drink half a gingerade kombucha. Yum.


Just like ginger-ale!
18:00
Get to work in the kitchen - baking! Inventing recipes! Having a (messy) blast. Lots of sampling goes on - after all, one must be sure that the recipes are going well! ;)


21:00
Dinner and people watching at a diner near Columbia. No pics, because I'm finally just shutting off and relaxing after my busy day. I have a veggie burger with a side of baked beans and tangy slaw. For dessert, I have a slice of chocolate chip pie a la mode. I obviously have a sweet tooth, y'all, what's new?

22:00
A little more recipe experimenting, this time no bake - it wasn't the best idea ever to turn on the oven and bake up a storm on such a hot day as today, considering that my apartment doesn't have real air conditioning.

At this point, I have half a mind to stick my head in the freezer and leave it there.

23:00
Christmas present planning! Noooooooo, it's not too early. It's never too early for Christmas presents!

0:30
Pre-bedtime snack.

My flatmate has a happy lamp and it's great to lighting up night shots of food! YAAAY!

1:00
Go to bed. Good night!

When do you start with Christmas presents?


Did that bore you to death, or do you want me to do more Day In the Life Posts?


Does anyone else love the Disney Station on Pandora? I'm so addicted to Mandy Moore's 'When Will My Life Begin,' it's ridiculous. Especially considering that I'm nineteen, not nine, years old.

About that...

No comments:

Post a Comment