Ads 468x60px

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sneak Peek: SPARKLE Cover Inspiration Board!

Putting a book together from soup to nuts completely by yourself is not for the faint of heart. In the past 3 weeks, I have been totally and completely consumed by this book baby I'm pregnant with, and if my observations are correct, I have skipped the first trimester of bebe bliss and flown right on through to the third and final trimester, where you realize there is so much to do, with so little time, or as I call it: PANIC.

After playing with a few ideas for the cover art, and realizing that what I love on a computer screen will not necessarily translate to a paperback (what? you mean I can't have each book hand-sewn with glitter attaches!?), I've decided to expand my team of creative women geniuses and hire Fifi Flowers to do some custom illustration work for the cover of the entire Champagne Diaries series. If you haven't seen her work, then check it out here and prepare to have your mind blow. Her designs literally make you feel like you've been whisked away to Paris and you have unlimited funds to drink as much Champagne as you like, cart around really cute poodles and wear the finest fashions France has to offer. Her whimsical, feminine drawings are the epitome of what the The Champagne Diaries is all about: luxury, glam, booze, a little bit of fantasy, and feelin' good, and I know she will nail it! Of course, the wondrous Cara Loper will still be doing the cover layout and graphic design (and she will also be keeping my sanity in check), so together I think we will make an amazing team!

Check out some of the inspiration I've been pinning (as if I needed another reason to be on Pinterest 24/7) and tell me what you like!

 
Doesn't she look like SHE'S living an effervescent life!?

Maybe replace the coffee with bubbly? (always a good decision)


J'adore the way Fifi draws Champagne!


No comments:

Post a Comment