Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WIAW #39

I'm still in NYC and I love it! I already feel like such a New Yorker. Hahaha, shh - I know I've only been here for about two weeks. It's about the spirit, not the length of residency. :P

Anyway, we'll skip the blaeh-blah-blah and get to the food. I'm planning to do a day-in-the-life WIAW soon, but right now my days are all so different that I'm really not sure what the point would be.

This isn't what I ate in one day, it's just some food snapshots that I got over the last week.
Peas and Crayons
I've been obsessed with nuts lately, so add a few handfuls of nuts to each of these (but seriously - I've eaten several pound bags already! At this rate, I'm going to become a nut). 


Above: what happens to ice cream when you take it home on the subway on a hot day, then refreeze it. Texture? Not so awesome. Taste? Still rockin'.

And the texture wasn't that bad, it just looks worse than it was since I had to scrape it out with a fork (no ice cream scoopers here)!


Roasted spiced zucchini with mustard, nooch, and greens.


So good, it deserves a second photograph. ;)


KABOCHA!!!! Yes, I am Kabocha crazy. And still sundried tomato crazy, ever since Germany. And greek yogurt (oh hey, hiding under the berries and kabocha!). And peanut flour with olive oil...hmm.


Chia pudding and frozen strawberries (I made the chia pudding with vanilla soymilk and matcha powder).


The odd looking yellowish blob is my latest addiction - mustard mixed with nooch and a little olive oil. Try it. Now.


I decided that since my ice cream already looked funky, experimentation was due. Thus: vanilla bean ice cream with matcha, topped with goji berries and sitting on a bed of cereal. On the side, peanut flour with olive oil (and lots of kabocha!).

As with all the other plates, a bunch of mixed nuts made it into the mix post-pic and nomnomnom.


POMEGRANATe ARILS! SOOOOOOOO GOOD WITH ICE CREAM! AND SPICES! AND STRAWBERRIES! AND....

Okay, I'm done.

What do you do with melted, re-frozen ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment