Ads 468x60px

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Organic Munching!

Sugar-free, artificial sweetener-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, healthy desserts: now there's something you don't see everyday.

But wouldn't it be cool if you did?

I mean, I love desserts. But there's only so much sugar that even a sweet-tooth crazed girl like me can take and still call herself healthy!


Mom's Organic Munchies provides a perfect solution - the sorts of healthy indulgences that come with all the rich, chocolatey deliciousness we love and none of the weighed-down feelings or sugar buzzes that we don't!



I first learnt of Mom's Organic Munchies when I spotted their Skinny Mint Cookie in the prepared foods section of Whole Food's during a recent grocery run.


Of course I took a double-take. Hello! It's a giant Thin Mint Cookie (the size of my palm and with nice thickness, too) - and it claims to be healthy?!

Whaaaa-aaaaat?


Despite the rich, creamy chocolate and the sweet and the rich, chewy mint cookie underneath, this super sumptuous, scrumptious, satisfying treat is all natural, all healthy (check out that fiber!) and includes ingredients like garbanzo bean flour and applesauce!


Trust me, you can't tell.



Your taste buds will think you're eating the ultimate Thin Mint Cookie, but you'll know that your treat has more fiber than a slice of whole wheat bread and less calories than the average energy bar.

If you want to experience real nirvana, try it frozen.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

If you want just straight-up chocolate, Mom's Organic Munchies also makes two pure chocolate bars.

There's Choco-Fit Espresso, a coffee lover's dark chocolate dream.



With only 1g of sugar in the whole good-sized bar!



I had to keep double-checking that, this nutrition label felt like a foodie's April Fool's joke to me.


The bar isn't overly sweet (you certainly won't be confusing it with Hershey's) but it's sweet enough (it definitely doesn't taste like only 1g of sugar) and so, so, so rich and creamy! Even out of the freezer, it's absolutely delicious and melts in your mouth.



In case you're not so into espresso, there's also the Choco-Fit Almond Sea Salt.



Again, this large 2oz chocolate bar (double the usual) comes with only 1g of sugar and a whole lot of healthiness - like 28% of your RDI for fiber! Can Hershey's boast that? I think not.



And this bar is studded with big, roasted almonds.



Talk about getting your healthy fats (for your hair, skin, brain, eyes, etc.) in!

I get to eat these ridiculously delicious chocolate bars and chalk it up as part of my beauty routine? Count me in!

In case you don't like chocolate (what's wrong with you?) Mom's Organic Munchies also makes some really delicious non-chocolate treats.



Like the Krunch Bar. 

Rice Krispie Treats won't even know what hit them.


A whopping 3g of fiber. Only 3g of sugar.  Heart healthy fats from organic almond butter, cashew butter, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. Sweet, fruity chewiness from organic dried cranberries and apples. Hearty organic gluten free brown rice crisps.

What can I say? Rice Krispie Treats just didn't stand a chance.


The On-The-Go Goji Pistachio Energy Bars are super rich and indulgent. They're all about the healthy fats, so they're really satisfying and pretty much the definition of a stick-to-your-ribs vegan food. With only 5g of sugar, it's the sort of energy that stays with you all day - no energy dips here!



It almost tastes like eating straight-up nut butter with dried fruits and crunchy bits (nuts and seeds!) mixed in.

Well, that's probably because that's essentially what it is! I didn't try this (I ate the bar up before I got the chance - it's so tasty all by itself) but I bet you could melt it and used it as a spread if you wanted to...

In case you do want some chocolate, but you can't handle the choco-intensity of their chocolate bars and Skinny Mint Cookie, there's the Choco-Chunk Hemp Cookie.



Don't diss it just because it's a hemp cookie and sounds like crunchy-granola hippie food.

It doesn't taste like it.

Or if this is what crunchy-granola hippie food tastes like, let's all be crunchy-granola hippies.


How is this so healthy??? 

It tastes like a buttery, nutty jumbo chocolate chip cookie (the kind Santa only wishes you'd leave out for him on Christmas Eve), but it's full of healthy fats, free of sugar, it's vegan, and it's probably even paleo.

I'm not paleo, but if any of you out there are, please weigh in - is it paleo? It's low-carb and flour-free, which is why I'm thinking it just might be...

Anywho, it's AMAZING.

Like everything Mom's Organic Munchies makes!

As always, this is 100% my unfiltered, unadulterated opinion. While I received samples to try, I was not compensated for this review and not in any way obligated to write anything positive (or to write anything at all). I write it as I taste it, no fudging here! 

Have you tried Mom's Organic Munchies Treats?

Do you prefer chocolate treats or non-chocolate treats?

How do you find new products? At the store (Whole Foods impulse buys, anyone)? From blogs? From commercials?

No comments:

Post a Comment