Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIAW #82: Spring Break!

It's Spring Break, YAAAAAAY!!!

I'm actually heading home today - only for a few days, unfortunately, but it'll still be nice to see my family again. I miss my mom and little sis like the dickens!

Anyway, it's also WIAW time. Yay!

Peas and Crayons
I love Instagram for WIAW, it makes it so much easier than whipping out a camera and trying to get the lighting to cooperate.


Homemade sorbet for the win! It's great on microwave cakes :)


Nuts.com is my latest obsession. They get waaaay too much of my money - crispy Fava beans, chocolates by the pounds, granola, dried fruits galore...YUM.

Another total foodie splurge?


I ordered some entrees and desserts from Pure Market Express.



As a poor student, it's not something that I can afford regularly - but it's nice to treat yourself sometimes!



I tried their Spanish Rice for the first time and am obsessed. I think it's the spicy lentil taco 'meat' in it - it's just so good!



This is definitely up there with the desserts as far as my favorite from them. And I still really want to try their ice cream, but I'll have to wait for a real celebration to do that (it's $40 because you can only buy it in a multipack, for shipping reasons I'm sure).

$40 seems like a lot to pay for ice cream - maybe, since it's made from nuts, just a bit will satisfy the craving? That's how it works with their pies (the turtle pie is great, especially the top chocolatey layer - though the caramel is spot on, too). If just a little bit satisfies, then the multipack could last a while and be worth $40.

But that's a bit of an expensive experiment for an undergrad to do, in the case that the ice cream is thin/icy and unsatisfying.

So, in the interim, I'll have to satisfy my sweet tooth for vegan ice cream with some more homemade sorbet.



Or just regular old non-vegan dairy ice cream, when my stomach is feeling sturdy (I'm a wee bit lactose intolerant).

What's your favorite food splurge?

Have you tried any meal delivery services?

What's the most that you would pay for really good ice cream?

No comments:

Post a Comment