Ads 468x60px

Friday, April 19, 2013

Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

Instead of a recipe round-up this week, Friday Foodie Finds style, I have a recipe that I made up just for y'all!



And, um, my crazy chocolate sweet tooth...



But seriously, two new recipes in a week - whaaaaat?

These chocolate peanut butter cups are healthy, natural, made of just a few ingredients, and are 100% vegan to boot!



And they're just ridiculously delicious. So that's pretty awesome.

Join me for:

You can whip them up in five minutes (less if it's hot out and your coconut oil is already melted) and they are ready to eat after an hour in the freezer.



Healthy Vegan Peanut Butter Cups

Chocolate -
* 1/3 c. coconut oil (I used Tropical Traditions), melted
* 0.5 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's baking)
* 3/4 c. Cane Sugar (I used Alter Eco Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar)
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Peanut Butter Filling -
* 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter (I used Earth Balance)
* 8 Ritz Crackers, crushed
* 1/4 c. Cane Sugar (I used Alter Eco Organic Mascobado Cane Sugar)

1) Mix all of the chocolate ingredients together in a medium bowl.

2) Distribute 2/3 of the mixture among 7 cupcake liner-lined cupcake/muffin cups.

The finished chocolates, after freezing

3) Mix the peanut butter filling ingredients together in a small bowl.

4) Distribute the peanut butter filling between the seven cups. Smooth it out over the chocolate layer.

5) Fill the rest of the each cup with the remaining chocolate mixture.

6) Cover and freeze for approximately an hour, until hardened.



ENJOY!!


You can store the chocolates (if any are left) in the fridge or, even better, the freezer.

I'm not sure how long they last in there, because mine were all gone within three days. 


Yum!

Have you ever made your own chocolate? This was my first time, as I'd always been intimidated by the idea before. It sounds way tougher to make chocolate than it really is!

What's one recipe that intimidates you, but you want to try?

What's your favorite kind of chocolate?

No comments:

Post a Comment