Ads 468x60px

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WIAW 86: And A Recipe!

It's WIAW again!

After a week that started with a big, scary exam, I'm pretty darn happy that it's hump day. The weekend can't get here soon enough!

In the meantime, here are some yummy food photos, courtesy of WIAW!

Peas and Crayons

The eats this week aren't all from one day, but I do have a pretty wicked recipe for y'all!

First, we'll look at a few tasty eats from the past week. 


Has anyone else been a bit confused by the heat wave? How did the temperature jump from 40 to 90 overnight?

And what happened to the lovely 60-70F spring days?? Can we please have a couple of those?

This taste of summer has definitely made me reach for summer foods, though - ice cream and smoothies, like the tasty shamrock shake above (mint and vanilla). 


But who am I kidding? I'm up for ice cream any time of the year, even (or especially?) in the dead of winter.

Anyone else love loading up on a bean-heavy rando-bowl at salad bars?


Chickpeas (and loner blackberries) for the win.

Just kidding, guys - there are more blackberries in there, somewhere.

When the weather cooled off a bit, I cooked a pasta dish. I hate cooking/eating hot food in the summer (I'm really bad at tolerating heat) so I should enjoy a few more hot meals before the weather gets (and stays!) hot for good.


Hopefully this summer won't be too torturous. I'll be in NYC again for most of it and NYC can really be a hot, sticky armpit sometimes. 

But a fun one, so I can't really complain.

Okay, so for that recipe I promised y'all. 


A custard-y dutch baby without eggs or gluten! It took a bit of tinkering, but now it's delicious - and protein packed to boot!

Blueberry Green Protein Dutch Baby (serves 1)

* 1 small handful spinach (~1/3 c. NOT packed)
* 1/4 c. milk
* 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 Tbsp. oil

* 1 package Betty Lou's Vanilla Whey Protein
* 1/8 tsp. salt
* 1 Tbsp. sugar
* 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
* 3/4 tsp. baking powder
* 1/2 c. blueberries

1) Puree the spinach with the milk in your blender until liquid. 

2) Add vanilla extract and oil to the milk-spinach mixture

3) Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. 

4) Add the liquid mixture to the dry mix.

5) Mix, don't overmix.

6) Add the blueberries.

7) Pour into an oven-safe oiled dish.

8) Bake at 400F for about 20 minutes, until set. It may end up taking less time in your oven, my oven is pretty dinky


Enjoy!!

The spinach adds a fun green color that I think looks really pretty with the blueberries, but it's optional. If you stick to a small handful, however, you won't be able to taste it!



What's the last recipe you've tried?

Do you prefer dutch babies or pancakes?

What are your go-to foods and drinks when it's hot out?

No comments:

Post a Comment